Wednesday, December 19, 2007

censorship and racism

I am not going to link over to the tenured-radical sight as apparently it is illegal (in her eyes), but as my post below shows, I have some questions. I did not attack anyone; I just want to know if there was a 1). Investigation into whether they were misuse of quoted and/or misappropriation of departmental funds and if there was 2). Was someone held accountable?

I cannot fathom the whole censorship of comments on a blog. If it is attacking or racist, etc..., I have no problem with the delete button, especially by academics. They are the supposed champions of free speech. Maybe they should add for themselves and their agenda. I posted those comments and they were deleted. Am I given an explanation? No.

At the beginning of this year, some professors at Duke held a forum entitled "Shut up and Teach." At the forum, all unauthorized video recordings and questions from media and/or bloggers were not allowed. Does anyone else find the irony in professors trying to quiet a group that is trying to report on said professors who are protesting because they claim they are being censored?

I know I have no comments, but I will never delete comments with differing views, just racist or vile comments.

Also, I really would like to hear thoughts on how or if this case would have been treated differently if everything was the same except 1) The accuser was white, 2) the accused black. and 3) the minority professors of the "gang of 88" were white.

No comments: